Prescription Lens Types & Eyewear Coatings from EyewearBrands.com
About our Lenses (ESSILOR LENSES)
- Standard CR39 Plastic is recommended for prescriptions up to +/- 2.5 The most common type of lens used today, It’s tougher, lighter and safer than standard glass lenses so more comfortable to wear for long periods.
- Thin and Light (Hi Index 1.6). Suggested for prescriptions of +/- 3.00. These lenses are ideal for higher prescriptions and will be 25% thinner than standard plastic lenses. They are lighter, look better, and will work well with thinner metal frames. (Lenses come with MAR and H/C coating)
- Thinner and Light (Hi Index 1.67). Suggested for prescriptions of +/- 3.00 This lens is ideal for higher prescriptions, and will be up to 33% thinner than a standard plastic lens. Because the lens is thinner and lighter it means that more delicate frames can be used. (Lenses come with MAR and H/C coating)
- Thinnest and Light. (Hi Index 1.74). Recommended for prescriptions of +/- 5.00 and above. Thinnest and Light lenses provide the ultimate in thinness and lightness for high prescription strengths, and are perfect for the higher prescriptions; it is as much as 50% thinner than a standard plastic lens. It is currently the thinnest and lightest plastic lens available. These lenses will work with all frame types. (Lenses come with MAR and H/C coating)
Types of Coatings
Scratch-resistant / hard coating (ESSILOR LENSES)
Plastic lenses are lighter than traditional glass lenses but they scratch more easily. Scratched lenses can be irritating for the wearer and look unsightly. Scratch-resistant coatings are available to protect against damage and prolong lens life.
Anti-reflection coating (ESSILOR LENSES)
Spectacle lenses can be provided with anti-reflection coatings which virtually eliminate distracting reflections off the lens surfaces. Reducing reflected light is particularly helpful for computer users and for night driving. Anti-reflection coatings also improve the cosmetic appearance of your glasses and can make thick lenses look thinner.
Multi-coated lenses (ESSILOR LENSES)
Multi-coated lenses uncorporate a combination of coatings - anti-reflection, scratch-resistant, water repellent and UV - to combine to improve the properies of your spectacles.
EyewearBrands.com - Essilor Crizal Forte Prescription lenses with Scotchgard
Scratches appear on ordinary lenses - They don’t on Crizal Forte lenses with Scotchgard
- As scratch resistant as an AR* coated glass Prescription lens
- Twice as scratch resistant as Crizal Alizé
Smudges appear on ordinary lenses - They don’t on Crizal Forte lenses with Scotchgard
Lab Tests Results
- Unequalled smudge efficiency
- Easier to clean Prescription Lenses
- Virtually dust-free
Reflections and ghost images appear on ordinary lenses - They don’t on Crizal Forte lenses with Scotchgard
Lab Tests Results
- Crizal Forte Prescription lenses with Scotchgard reduces reflections up to 30%*
- Excellent AR efficiency with reduced bloom for more discreet result Wearers see the difference
OUR SUPPLIERS - ESSILOR QUALITY LENSES
THE STANDARD IN SCRATCH RESISTANCE - for all types of eyewear
The use of the nanocomposite technology has improved for glasses and the scratch resistance of Supra coated lenses against both light abrasion and deep scratching. Because of their surface hardness, derived from the polymerisation of polysiloxane compounds, Supra coated lenses require no special precautions. Nevertheless, cleaning with a tie or scarf etc, and leaving Glasses on a desk lens down or in an excessively hot place, should be avoided.
Trio Easy, ENTRY LEVEL SMUDGE REPELLENCE AND EASY-CLEAN - all types of glasses
Our value anti-reflective coating for all prescription glasses, with no compromise on quality. Its exclusive formula offers hydrophobic and oil repellent properties. Ideally suited to those new to AR coated lenses, or who believe they are difficult to keep clean. Its great performance is down to its efficient top coat that consists of a high density film of fluorinated molecules on the lens surface.
The Trio Easy top-coat makes surfaces particularly waterproof and slippery, so particles adhere less and are easily cleaned off.The combination of anti-reflective efficiency and scratch resistant performance means you can offer your patients a product for thier glasses, lenses that improves both their comfort and appearance.
Crizal Sun for Sunglasses and prescription sunglasses - UNPARALLED UV PROTECTION - WITHOUT SMUDGES
Ordinary sun lenses only protect the eyes from direct sunlight going through the lens. But up to 15% of visible light and UV rays come from light reflected on the rear surface of the lens back into the eye, causing potential UV damage and visual discomfort. Crizal Sun is unrivalled in eliminating both UV & visible light rear surface reflection. Crizal Sun reflects 4 times less UV light from its rear surface than standard sun lenses. Combined with the protection from direct (frontal) UV exposure, this helps Crizal Sun set new standards in protection.
Smudges are highly visible on tinted lenses. For this reason we apply a superhydrophobic top-coat to both sides of Crizal Sun lenses; on top of the hard coating on the front surface and the AR coating on the back. Perception tests* show wearers experience 40% more visual comfort as a result of reduced glare, lenses stay smudge-free for twice as long and wipe clean in half the time.
Crizal Alizé for all eyewear glasses - PURE PERFORMANCE , PURE CLARITY
Crizal Alizé offers excellent all-round clarity of vision; combining incredible smudge repellence, scratch resistance and anti-reflective performance. Crizal Alizé’s advanced MAR coating fills in microscopic cracks to produces a near perfectly smooth surface. This makes it 3 times more repellent and 10 times easier to clean*. Tests show** Crizal Alizé are 3 times more durable than a leading competitor’s equivalent lens. Compared to uncoated lenses they also provide 80% reduction in reflection. *Than standard uncoated lenses. **Steel wool test.
Crizal Forte lenses with Scotchgard™ for all designer glasses - THE NEW STANDARD IN VISION CLARITY
Crizal Forte lenses with Scotchgard™ is the groundbreaking lens coating that takes scratch, dirt and reflection elimination to a new level. For your new glasses it provides the most advanced and enduring protection for wearers, thanks to the latest technology in HMAR. A new intermediate booster layer creates a gradual increase in hardness from the scratch resistant layers to the AR coating, making Crizal Forte twice as scratch resistant as Crizal Alizé and just as tough as an AR glass coated lens.
New advanced hydrophobic HSD and anti-static Scotchgard protector technology gives Crizal Forte unequalled smudge resistance and dust repellence, achieving a new standard in vision clarity. The optimisation of anti-reflective layers reduces reflections by 30% compared to Crizal Alizé.
The coatings available on the lenses are designed to enhance the cosmetics, improve optical performance and increase their durability for you
Eyewear Brands.com | Prescription Eyewear Specialist | UK Opticians
Prescription Glasses & Prescription Sunglasses come with:
- Free Quality Prescription Lenses
- Free Anti-Reflective & Anti-Scratch coatings or Sunglasses Tint
- Original Glasses Case & Cleaning Cloth
- Designer Frames Authenticity Guarantee
For information about our Prescription Eyewear collection please call - 08448 870 840 or email us at: email@example.com.